Friday, July 27, 2012

5QF-- Vibrators + Olympians all in one post. Nice.

In the interest of having some posts consistency around these parts, I'm participating in Mama M's

Join in here!


Ready?  *Ahem*

Q1. What's the funniest thing you've seen on facebook/twitter this week?

Y'know, I have to say, the twits peeps I follow on twitter are the funniest people on the planet.  I reserve my retweets for hilariously witty posts, wicked smahhhhht (that's my Maine-ah voice) ideas, and links to posts that I want to read at a later time.  I see so many funny things on twitter, so I'll share one I've seen in the past hour...or 57 minutes to be exact:

@kimcormack: I totally just saw a butterfly with a tattoo of a slut on its back #facts

Bwahahahahaha! Still funn-ay, even 58 minutes later.

Imma show you something funny from facebook, too...but FAIR WARNING:  It's naughty.  So if you're not into that (which really, come'on, you clicked on a blog with the P word in it...), then cover your eyes and click the down arrow like 17 times. Ready?
You have to admit, that's pretty freaking clever.  Anywhoooooooooo...

Q2. What is your favorite Olympic Event?
What a strategically timed question that is, eh? hehe. I'm a couch potato not athletic, but I much prefer the Winter games to the Summer ones.  The luge is exciting, that super long skiing jumpy thing where they catch huge air is great too, oh and speed skating is fun to watch.  That being said, if I had to choose a favorite Summer game, it would be gymnastics.  Those athletes are so young! And talented! and poised! and muscular!  They amaze me. 
Please excuse me while I go off on a tangent here But I gotta say...the REAL heroes of the Olympic games? The parents. Well, yes, the athletes are amazeballs, I mean, they do the twirling, jumping, flipping stuff, but everyone of them wouldn't be there if it wasn't for a parent/guardian recognizing or even just SUPPORTING their talent/love for their sport early on in their very young lives.  The parents did the early a.m. wakeups, the driving a bazillion (give or take) miles to the gym/pool, the packing of the right leotards, the hairbraiding, and hell, the paying for all the lessons. Those are their babies out there in that water or on that beam.  Their own blood, sweat (I guess, if it's tennis they gotta watch), and tears are poured into their children...those are their babayyyyyys out there on that mat.  What an out-of-this-world proud moment that must be.
I have a swim mom and a gymnast mom that are friends of mine on ye 'ole FB.  One is local, one I met at Mom Congress.  I see their "check-ins" that were posted from the pool HOURS before I even thought of cracking an eyelid open; and their weeks at competitions that are out of state...their whole family's lives are put on hold so that their children can do what they love, and dream to do.  It's so inspiring and beautiful to watch. tear-filled rant over

Q3. a)Do your kids do chores around the house? {I skipped parts b) and c) here because DAMMIT! They don't apply}  Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! This is an ongoing battle that I start and stop multiple times throughout the year.  Currently, my children are not "assigned" chores.  Will they empty this dishwasher or switch the laundry over if I tell them to? They damn well better if they ever want to touch that game controller again Yes, but not without equal parts complaining and trying to rationalize why another sibling should be doing it. And just this week, they've been clearing their plates off the table, usually after some yelling reminders.  All that took was the kitten shitting on one of them twice getting an upset stomach from eating the food.  I'm lazy inspired by the chore charts and cutesy magnets I see on pinterest. I guess it's time!!! I'm very much looking forward to reading everyone else's answers!

Q4. If you get bad food/service, do you complain or keep quiet?
If somethings not right with a food order, or if something is undercooked, like a steak, then yes...I'll say something.  I wouldn't label that as complaining...just bringing it to their attention and asking for it to be rectified, in a discreet manner.  Usually I'm more apologetic than them, to keep them running, but you get what you pay for! Having been "in the biz," the staff is FULLY aware when they aren't being attentive enough. If a waiter/waitress is rude, though, I'll hit 'em where it hurts...the tip. 

Q5. If you could pick one frivolous item for your home, what would it be?
More welcoming neighbors? haha jk. Ummmmmmmmmm...since we are renting, I can't do any MAJOR changes...so how's about a 24 foot pontoon boat for the driveway??!  YES PLEASE!  Momma wants to go mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorboatin'!!


Well, this was fun!! I look forward to reading everyone else's replies as well.  Link up!

5 comments:

Enthusiastic Bookworm said...

OMG OMG OMG I love it woman, your entire post is so great. That tweet about the butterfly is, well I spit out my tea.

Going to add your button to my blog. Do you have a button.

I have one boy, hubby and male dog and I lose my mind. I can't imagine what you ware going through.

Unknown said...

Just found your blog! Awesome sauce! Love you already! :D Followed you!

Debbie said...

You are really funny. lol
Love your blog and I will SO be back.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Razorblade Brain said...

And how 'bout I totally just commented on your stuff on my husband's account. A-hole was signed in and DID NOT sign out when he was finished...sigh. Anywho, found you at the blog hop at YKIHAYHT. Love your stuff and look forward to reading more!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions! I'll be in touch!